Your child’s safety is the Boys & Girls Club’s #1 priority!
Every day, the Club’s trained and dedicated staff work diligently to ensure the safety, protection and well-being of the children we serve. Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley has rigorous policies and procedures in place to address all aspects of child safety. The Club continually updates and innovates its safety policies, programs and training for Club staff and volunteers in order to better protect young people from threats present in our society.
To name just a few things that your Club does to keep your child safe:
- Mandatory background checks are completed on every employee before hiring and annually thereafter.
- Every staff member completes CPR training and certification.
- The Club partners with local law enforcement agencies.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley staff members and volunteers are all mandated reporters. We are required to report any critical safety concern to local authorities immediately.
- The Club completes annual safety assessments and inspections.
- The Club runs safety drills for both staff and members on a regular basis.
- Safety policy reviews are incorporated into monthly staff trainings, keeping the Club’s commitment to safety at the forefront of all our programming and policies.
To help you keep your child safe both at the Club and in the community, we encourage you to review the following safety materials, and most importantly, keep the lines of communication open with your child so they are always able to talk to you if they have a safety concern:
- BGCHV Safety Brochure
- BGCHV Safe School Bus Riding Practices
- Preschool Parent Handbook (see pages 14-23)