Summer Day Camp with Transportation to Huntington Beach Junior Lifeguard Program
Dates: June 26, 2023 – August 10, 2023
Hours: 6:30am – 6:00pm, Monday – Friday. Closed in observance of Independence Day (Tuesday, July 4)
Location: Haynes Family Huntington Beach Branch, 2309 Delaware Street, Huntington Beach, CA, 92648, 714-374-2600
Cost: $100/week, $95 for second child. Includes Boys & Girls Club day camp and transportation to/from the beach for Junior Lifeguard program. (Please note: the weekly fee does not include the registration fee paid to the HB Fire Department Junior Lifeguard program)
Junior Guard Morning Sessions: The Club opens at 6:30am and your child must be at the Club no later than 7:45am in order to be transported to their morning Junior Lifeguard session at the beach. Club transportation will bring your child back to the Boys & Girls Club for fun daily activities. Pick up your child at the Club by 6:00pm when the Club closes. Transportation available for:
- Junior Guards, Ages 9-17, Morning Session 8:30am – 12:00pm
- Sand Crabs, Ages 7-8, Morning Session 8:45am – 11:45pm
Junior Guard Afternoon Sessions: The Club opens at 6:30am for a morning of fun activities. Your child must be at the Club no later than noon in order to be transported to their afternoon Junior Lifeguard session at the beach. Parents must pick up their child at the Boys & Girls Club by 6:00pm. Transportation available for:
- Junior Guards, Ages 9-17, Afternoon Session 1:00pm – 4:30pm
- Sand Crabs, Ages 7-8, Afternoon Session 1:15pm – 4:15pm
DAILY ACTIVITIES AT THE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB:
While kids are at the Boys & Girls Club, they will enjoy a wide variety of programming focused on the Boys & Girls Club’s five core areas of youth development: Education, Sports & Recreation, the Arts, Health & Wellness, and Leadership and Service. Examples of some of the programs in these core areas are below:
- EDUCATION: Reading programs, Imagine Science, DIY STEM, Data Detectives, Mad Scientists Club, Lego Engineers, STEM lab, 3-D printing projects, coding and robotics using BeeBots, OzoBots, and more!
- SPORTS AND RECREATION: Foosball and pool, indoor and outdoor games, relays, tournaments and contests.
- THE ARTS: Arts and crafts, Image Makers (digital photography), Meet the Masters (fine art), Creative Authors Club, and digital arts.
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS: Cooking and nutrition classes, Healthy Habits and Triple Play.
- LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE: Smart Girls, Passport to Manhood, and Torch Club (service club)
With so many different types of activities, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
The safety of the children we serve is always the Club’s #1 priority. The Club follows current COVID-19 guidelines and takes numerous safety precautions to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 within our Club community.
These precautions include (but are not limited to):
- Face coverings encouraged as required by local health care agencies.
- Physical distancing.
- Adequate ventilation.
- Frequent sanitizing of facilities and equipment.
- Encouraging good hygiene practices, including hand hygiene.
OPTIONAL LUNCH PROGRAM
Our Clubs also offer a daily lunch program for just $6 per day.
Monday: Subway – Turkey Sandwich, chips and drink
Tuesday: Club BBQ
Wednesday: 2 slices of cheese or pepperoni pizza, fruit, and drink
Thursday: KFC chicken tenders, potato wedges, carrots, & drink
Friday: Club BBQ
- Lunches must be paid for in person by 10:00am on the day of use.
- Children must arrive at the Club by noon to participate in the lunch program.
- Lunch fees are non-transferrable, non-refundable.
- Lunches may be purchased in advance.
- If lunch is not purchased, children must bring lunch.
- Due to health standards and regulations, no refrigerator or microwave is available
for member use (no heat-ups).
Contracts are billed weekly and cover program hours from 6:30am to 6:00pm from June 26 through August 10, 2023. Payments are due the Friday prior to the week used, with no deductions for absences, vacations, or holidays. A late fee of $10 will apply if fees are not paid by Monday at 6:00pm. $95/week fee is for Boys & Girls Club program only and does not include Huntington Beach Junior Lifeguard program participation fees. Prices valid during participation in Junior Lifeguards program only. The Full-Time Summer Contract fee of $150/week applies for any additional weeks of full-day care at the Boys & Girls Club.
All program fees must be kept current to participate in extra activities, including field trips. Field trips, special events and lunch fees must be paid in person at the branch. Additional policies apply, and fees are subject to change. For the most up to date list of policies and prices, please contact one of our school-age centers.