OUR MISSION IS…
To inspire and enable the healthy development of all young people, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring members of our community.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS PROVIDE:
- A safe place to learn and grow…
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals…
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences…
- Hope and opportunity.
WHAT WE DO
All across the United States and on U.S. military bases worldwide, more than 4,000 Boys & Girls Clubs are changing the lives of our youth and positively affecting their future. Although all Boys & Girls Clubs are affiliated with the National organization, each uniquely adapts to the population, cultures, and demographics it serves.
At the Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley, we offer seven facility-based youth centers that serve more than 11,000 youth each year, from infants through teens. Key sites and services include:
- Two licensed preschools serving children ages six weeks old to six years old.
- Four recreation centers for school age youth that provide before and after school programs and full day programs during summer and school holidays.
- A performing arts and fitness center offering more than 100 classes per week.
- Year-round basketball and soccer leagues.
- Family support programs that help whole families succeed.
Each day of the school year, our fleet of 18 yellow school buses transport children from 42 local schools in five local school districts to and from our programs to help make our programs accessible to the families who need them most. While the majority of youth served come from Huntington Beach and Fountain Valley, youth from more than 60 cities throughout the Orage County area are served by the Club each year.
YOUR AWARD WINNING CLUB
The Club is proud to offer the children in our community the very best programming. The Club has earned the following honors in recent years, ranking our programs among the top in the state and the nation:
- 2018 Nonprofit of the Year, California Senate District 34 – awarded by California State Senate
- #1 Club in the Nation for Arts Programming in 2018 and 2016 – awarded by Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- #1 Club in the nation for Education Programming in 2015 – awarded by Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- #2 Club in the nation for Innovations in Safety in 2015 – awarded by Boys & Girls Clubs of America
- Outstanding Partner in Adult Education in 2018 – awarded by the California Council for Adult Education
When you enroll your child at the Club or make a donation to support the Club, you can be confident that you are giving kids the kind of programming they deserve – the very best!