Your child’s safety is the Boys & Girls Club’s #1 priority!
Since the start of the pandemic, we have been able to keep our Boys & Girls Club community as safe as possible in the midst of a public health crisis by working together and following the guidance of public health experts.
Safety is Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley’s #1 priority, and your cooperation in following the guidance below will help us ensure the safety of our club community.
- Please notify your Unit Director if you receive any communications of exposure to COVID-19 from school or any other settings.
- If a member of the household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or is waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, your children must stay home until a negative COVID-19 test result is received.
- The Club will notify parents and Staff of any positive COVID-19 case in a cohort/classroom, and close contacts will be notified.
- Children with reported symptoms may be required to provide a doctor’s note, negative COVID-19 test, or self-isolate before return to the Club.
- The Club will follow guidance on COVID-19 isolation and quarantine provided by the CDPH and County of Orange.
Thank you for working together with the Boys & Girls Club to keep our Club community as safe and healthy during this challenging time.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley Team
If a member of the household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or is waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, both the household member and your child should remain home until a negative test is received.
As a reminder, we recommend these preventive actions every family should take to prevent exposure to COVID-19, influenza, and other viral airborne infections.
- Members must be symptom-free and meet the health screening requirements to attend the club.
- Stay home when you are sick and contact the branch immediately to inform of illness.
- If you are sick, take the necessary precautions to protect household members by wearing a mask, social distancing and clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces.
- Members who exhibit symptoms while at the club must be picked up immediately.
- The Club adheres to required reporting requirements and will notify OCHCA of any newly reported case of COVID-19 of members or staff.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a disinfectant cleaning spray or wipe. Club sites do this several times a day with Simple Green dPro5 that has been laboratory tested to kill the COVID-19 and influenza viruses.
- Follow Federal, State and local guidelines for using a face mask.
- Get vaccinated – authorized COVID-19 vaccinations help protect you from COVID-19.
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds each time you wash. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
To help you keep your child safe and healthy both at the Club and in the community, we encourage you to review the following COVID-19 related safety materials:
- COVID-19 – Know the Symptoms
- COVID-19 – Slow the Spread
- COVID-19 – Protect Yourself & Others
- State Guidance on Face Coverings
- State Guidance on Isolation and Quarantine
- County or Orange Orders & Recommendations