Boys & Girls Clubs of Huntington Valley and the Fountain Valley Kiwanis Club are teaming up to make a difference to our community’s kids through the 13th Annual Pins for Kids Bowling Tournament. Our bowlers had so much fun with Wii bowling last year that we’re doing it again! This year, we’re asking each bowling team to make their own donation and try to match it with donations to their personal team page from their friends and family.
Here’s how the tournament will work. Three heats of up to 10 teams of four bowlers will each be scheduled for an hour of Wii Bowling between 11am – 1pm on August 7th. 10 socially distant Wii Bowling stations will be set up at the Boys & Girls Club’s Kingston Branch gymnasium at Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley. There will be an outdoor BBQ lunch and fun outdoor games for teams to enjoy, too! And, just like last year, we’ll have an online auction and a fun Zoom finale where we’ll give out fun prizes for the best and worst teams as well as a prize for the team that raises the most funds for our two great charities.
There are lots of ways you can help the kids at the Boys & Girls Club and help the Kiwanis Club make a difference in our community:
- Make a sponsorship and bowl in the Pins for Kids Wii Bowling Tournament on August 7th
- Choose a team below and help them reach their fundraising goal by making a donation and spreading the word on social media
- Bid in the online auction from July 30th to August 7th at 9:00pm. You’ll be able to bid from your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Buy a ticket in the raffle. $25 gets you a 1 in 169 chance to win a $1,000 Amazon gift card!
- Join us for the live online event at 6:00pm on August 7th! Zoom link coming soon!
As always, proceeds from the Pins for Kids Bowling Tournament are shared between the Boys & Girls Club and the Kiwanis Club, so this is your chance to help TWO great organizations in our community. You’ll help give thousands of children access to the Boys & Girls Club’s award-winning programs, like after school care, full day programs during the summer, sports leagues, and lots more. And, through the Kiwanis Club, you’ll support charity projects throughout the community, like Robyne’s Nest, Therapeutic Riding Center of Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley Regional Hospital, Orangewood Children’s Home, and Kiwanis Club’s own projects like giving college scholarships, working with youth at local high schools, providing clothing essentials for disadvantaged children, and much more.
Ready to help?