Full Day Summer Break Day Camp
Dates: June 24, 2019 – August 30, 2019
Hours: 6:30am – 6:00pm, Monday – Friday. Closed Independence Day (July 4) and Labor Day (9/2)
Ages: 1st-8th grades at all school age branches, Kindergarten at Haynes Family Huntington Beach Branch only
Full Day Prices: $115/week full-time 7-10 weeks, $130/week as needed or $35/day as needed. $160/week for kindergarteners.
(Scroll down for half day Specialty Camp information!)
Discounts available for multiple children enrolled from the same family.
Annual membership fee of $25 required for all members, valid September – August.
- Haynes Family Huntington Beach Branch, 2309 Delaware Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92648, 714-374-2600
- Kingston Fountain Valley Branch, 16582 Brookhurst Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708, 714-531-2582
- Pacific Life Foundation Branch, 15645 Gothard Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92647, 714-899-5900, ext. 1
You can register online using the link above or stop by your nearest branch to sign up.
At the Boys & Girls Club, kids spend their days learning, having fun, and making friends! Our programs are designed to help kids reach their full potential. Kids can move freely through activities in each of our rooms, choosing from a wide variety of programming focused on the Boys & Girls Club’s five core areas of youth development: Education, Sports & Recreation, the Arts, Health & Wellness, and Leadership and Service. Examples of some of the programs in these core areas are below:
- EDUCATION: KidzLit (reading program), KidzMath, KidzScience, Mad Scientists Club, Jiji Math, Khan Academy, Lego Engineers, computer lab access and coding apps.
- SPORTS AND RECREATION: Basketball, soccer, foosball and pool, indoor and outdoor games, relays, tournaments and contests.
- THE ARTS: Arts and crafts, Image Makers (digital photography), Meet the Masters (fine art), Creative Authors Club, and digital arts.
- HEALTH AND WELLNESS: Cooking and nutrition classes, Healthy Habits and Triple Play.
- LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE: Smart Girls, Passport to Manhood, Torch Club, and Keystone Club
Each week of summer, the Club will focus its programming on special theme weeks. Choose your favorites or sign up for them all!
- Week 1, June 24-28: IMAGINE SCIENCE
Dive into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with hands on projects like creating flashlights, water rockets, prosthetics and more. Kids will share what they’ve learned with their parents at a family showcase on Friday.
- Week 2, July 1-5 (closed July 4): STARS & STRIPES
Celebrate America’s birthday by making classic American cuisine in the teaching kitchen, making patriotic hats, and playing in a giant inflatable obstacle course!
- Week 3, July 8-12: AROUND THE WORLD
Kids will take a virtual trip around the world, learning about cultures, flags, and even other languages. Dress up on Friday wearing colors from your favorite flag.
- Week 4, July 15-19: STAR SHIP EXPLORERS
Go on a space adventure! Make a solar system, make and launch rockets, make moon sand, make constellations, read up on space and the stars, and lots more.
- Week 5, July 22-26: BATTLE OF THE ROOMS
Represent your favorite room for a week of daily team challenges of all kinds – physical, educational, art, scavenger hunts, and more – in the ultimate Battle of the Rooms!
- Week 6, July 29-August 2: ANIMAL PLANET
Learn about all your favorite animals on a virtual field trip. Trek through humid jungles, tropical savannahs, and Arctic waters to discover the habitats Earth’s animals live in.
- Week 7, August 5-9: GIZMOS, GADGETS & MINECRAFT
Hypothesize, invent, develop and construct items using random Gizmos and Gadgets to find inventive solutions to challenges. And, use your creative skills to develop your own Minecraft world and ignite a love for STEM.
- Week 8: August 12-16: IRON CHEF
Let’s get cooking! Learn about cooking science, make a chef hat, learn about seasonal ingredients, and learn to cook up something delicious in our teaching kitchen.
- Week 9, August 19-23: KNIGHTS & PRINCESSES
Take a trip back to the medieval age and create your own knight’s shield, princess crown, and coat of arms. Create a castle and protect it by constructing your very own catapult. Then, visit with a real life knight and princess!
- Week 10, August 26-30: ART ATTACK
Learn about art from around the world and create your own amazing masterpieces. Don’t miss “Meet the Masters,” an award-winning program that introduces kids to great artists like Van Gogh, Monet, and more, and teaches kids to create their own work in some of the most famous styles of art.
DAILY FIELD TRIPS
Members can also attend our daily field trips, which include Boomers, Soak City, Aquarium of the Pacific, Knott’s Berry Farm, Laser Quest, Movies, Nickel Nickel, Glow-N-Bowl and much more. Field Trips are optional and fees vary depending on the activity.
HOT LUNCH PROGRAM
Our Clubs also offer a daily hot lunch program for just $6 per day.
Contracts are billed weekly and cover program hours from 6:30am to 6:00pm from June 24 through August 30, 2019. Payments are due the Friday prior to the week used, with no deductions for absences, vacations, or holidays. A late fee of $10 will apply if fees are not paid by Monday at 6:00pm.
All program fees must be kept current to participate in extra activities, including field trips. Field trips, special events and lunch fees must be paid in person at the branch. Additional policies apply, and fees are subject to change. For the most up to date list of policies and prices, please contact one of our school-age centers.
HALF-DAY SPECIALTY CAMPS
If you’d like to add special experiences to your child’s summer, check out our Summer Specialty Camps. You can sign up for just the half day specialty camp or for both the full day camp and the Specialty Camp for a “camp within a camp” experience. Transportation is available between our Clubs so that no matter which branch your child attends for their full-day camp, they can attend our half-day Specialty Camps. If you’re enrolled in our full-day program during your Specialty Camp week, you’ll get a $25 discount on Specialty Camp fees.